The Georgia FFA-FCCLA Center has approximately 700 beds in bunk cabins. All of the cabins have heat and air conditioning. Some cabins are handicap accessible. Please inform us if you require special accommodations.
- They have a large room with bunk beds. The exact bed count varies, but most have 24 beds (12 sets of bunks) in the main dorm room.
- They have a main dorm bathroom with divided stalls. Toilet tissue is provided. Most cabins have 3 toilets, 3 showers, and 4 sinks in the main dorm bathroom.
- They have a separate counselor room with separate bathroom. Most cabins have 4 beds (2 sets of bunks) in the counselor room. The counselor bath has one sink, one toilet, and one shower.
- Some have extra "overflow" beds in the lobby.
- Bunk cabins do not come with linens, but linens can be provided for an additional charge.
- All of the bunk cabins are air conditioned and heated.
Melvin Johnson and Georgia Development Authority Cabins
Opened in 2009 (Johnson) and 2010 (GDA) these are the two newest bunk cabins we have.
Features of the cabins:
- Each cabin is actually like two cabins in one. The two sides are completely independent, so groups can place two genders in the building.
- Only one door links the two sides, and that door can be locked or unlocked.
- Each of the two sides has one large bunk room plus 2 counselor rooms.
- The cabin can hold up to 64 campers total (24 in each of two bunk rooms, 4 in each of the four counselor rooms.)
- The bunk rooms and two of the counselor rooms are handicap accessible.
- The bed frames and furniture are oak.
- The top bunks have bed rails and permanent ladders.
- Each dorm shower has a small private changing area.
- The wrap-around porch has a great view of the camp and Lake Jackson that can be enjoyed from the rocking chairs.
- The small lobby on each side can serve as a small group meeting area.
- The partial walls in the bunk room create small "pods" of four beds for more comfortable lodging.
- There are drawers and a mirror in each pod, plus there is storage room at the end of each bed